For those fellow fans who love to collect anything and everything Marg-related, I’m happy to announce that there are a couple of commemorative editions coming out soon — the 2009 animated film Wonder Woman, where Marg provided the voice of Hera, and then there will also be a commemorative edition of Species coming out. Marg played Dr. Laura Baker in that film. Below are details on both special editions that have been revealed thus far.
From Warner Bros:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced a Commemorative Edition re-release of the acclaimed 2009 DC Universe Animated Original Movie, Wonder Woman, which is set to hit Digital, Blu-ray and DVD this May. Here’s a preview of the cover art, synopsis, commemorative edition special features, and the trailer.
Celebrate the princess who becomes the World’s Greatest Super Heroine in this Commemorative Edition of the epic story of Wonder Woman’s origin!
On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a princess of untold beauty, grace and strength—Diana. When U.S. fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a World War that will last for centuries and wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons.
It is up to Diana to save her people and the world—by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!
Commemorative Edition Special Features:
– Featurette – What Makes A Wonder Woman: For 75 years, Wonder Woman has resonated with audiences because of her loving nature and quest for truth. Hear some of her biggest fans and fellow creators discuss how her qualities have crafted her into the icon we know today.
– Sneak Peek – Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the talented filmmakers and voice cast.
– Creative Team Commentary: Scene and film analysis by producers Bruce Timm & Gregory Noveck, director Lauren Montgomery and screenwriter Michael Jelenic.
– Featurette – Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream – A definitive look at a psychologist’s dream, and the rich history of one of the pillars of DC Comics.
– Featurette – Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth – This revealing documentary explores the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero
From Scream Factory:
“Species is a Grade-A B-movie.” – Scott Weinberg, DVD Talk
Charged with pulse-pounding suspense, ingenious special effects from Richard Edlund and a first-rate cast including Ben Kingsley, Michael Madsen, Alfred Molina, Forest Whitaker, Marg Helgenberger and introducing Natasha Henstridge, Species is an adrenaline-charged thrill-ride you’ll never forget.
When a beautiful human-alien hybrid (Henstridge) escapes from observation, scientist Xavier Fitch (Kingsley) dispatches a crew of experts to find her before she is able to fulfill her horrific purpose: to mate with unsuspecting men and produce offspring that could destroy mankind. As her deadly biological clock ticks rapidly, Fitch and his team are hurled into a desperate battle in which the fate of humanity itself hangs in the balance!
Commemorative Edition Details:
– Official release date is scheduled for July 11th.
– This 2-Disc Set will branded as a “Collector’s Edition” that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed only for three months after its original release date).
– The newly-commissioned front-facing artwork you see pictured comes to us from The CRP Group (Firestarter, Serial Mom, Rabid) The reverse side of the wraps will showcase the original theatrical poster art.
– We will be doing a new 4K HD film transfer. Bonus features and specs are still in progress and will be announced sometime in Late May.