As most fans already know, Marg has been an advocate in the fight against cancer for many years, and in recent years, has been actively involved with the organization, Stand Up To Cancer. She visited Good Day LA this morning to talk about her mother’s fight against cancer and also and reminisced about her role on the “Ryan’s Hope.” It’s a great interview so be sure to check it out.
I hate sharing bad news, but since I know quite a few people have been waiting for news on Marg’s pilot, the official word is that FOX has unfortunately decided to pass on Behind Enemy Lines. No specific reasons were given for the pass. I’m a firm believer that this just means an even better project is out there with Marg’s name all over it, but it’s disappointing news to hear we won’t have her back on our TVs this fall…
Fox postponed formal decision on five pilots until after the upfronts. There was very little chance of any of them going at the network, and it’s now official, with Fox passing on its remaining pilots, comedies Linda From HR, starring Lauren Graham, Type A, toplined by Eva Longoria who already had indicated she would not continue, and Thin Ice as well as dramas University Project and Behind Enemy Lines — all from 20th TV.
Last night Marg attended the premiere of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbeans: Dead Men Tell No Tales at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California. Based on her social media posts, it sounds like Marg had a great time and that the movie is a lot of fun. I don’t know about everyone else, but I personally can’t wait to see it!
— Marg Helgenberger (@MargHelgen) May 19, 2017
Last night Marg attended the 24th annual Race to Erase MS Gala. This is a cause that is near to Marg’s heart because her father passed away in 1985 due to complications from MS. The Race to Erase MS is an organization that is “dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of Multiple Sclerosis. Funding research is the core focus of the Foundation and all funds raised support our Center Without Walls program, a selected network of the nation’s top MS research centers.” To learn more about this organization, visit www.erasems.org. Here are a couple of highlights from Marg’s attendance at this year’s event.
Credit: MaximoTV YouTube channel
Credit: Marg’s Instagram
Additional photos can be found HERE.
For those fellow fans who love to collect anything and everything Marg-related, I’m happy to announce that there are a couple of commemorative editions coming out soon — the 2009 animated film Wonder Woman, where Marg provided the voice of Hera, and then there will also be a commemorative edition of Species coming out. Marg played Dr. Laura Baker in that film. Below are details on both special editions that have been revealed thus far.
From Warner Bros:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced a Commemorative Edition re-release of the acclaimed 2009 DC Universe Animated Original Movie, Wonder Woman, which is set to hit Digital, Blu-ray and DVD this May. Here’s a preview of the cover art, synopsis, commemorative edition special features, and the trailer.
Celebrate the princess who becomes the World’s Greatest Super Heroine in this Commemorative Edition of the epic story of Wonder Woman’s origin!
On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a princess of untold beauty, grace and strength—Diana. When U.S. fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a World War that will last for centuries and wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons.
It is up to Diana to save her people and the world—by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!
Commemorative Edition Special Features:
– Featurette – What Makes A Wonder Woman: For 75 years, Wonder Woman has resonated with audiences because of her loving nature and quest for truth. Hear some of her biggest fans and fellow creators discuss how her qualities have crafted her into the icon we know today.
– Sneak Peek – Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the talented filmmakers and voice cast.
– Creative Team Commentary: Scene and film analysis by producers Bruce Timm & Gregory Noveck, director Lauren Montgomery and screenwriter Michael Jelenic.
– Featurette – Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream – A definitive look at a psychologist’s dream, and the rich history of one of the pillars of DC Comics.
– Featurette – Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth – This revealing documentary explores the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero
From Scream Factory:
“Species is a Grade-A B-movie.” – Scott Weinberg, DVD Talk
Charged with pulse-pounding suspense, ingenious special effects from Richard Edlund and a first-rate cast including Ben Kingsley, Michael Madsen, Alfred Molina, Forest Whitaker, Marg Helgenberger and introducing Natasha Henstridge, Species is an adrenaline-charged thrill-ride you’ll never forget.
When a beautiful human-alien hybrid (Henstridge) escapes from observation, scientist Xavier Fitch (Kingsley) dispatches a crew of experts to find her before she is able to fulfill her horrific purpose: to mate with unsuspecting men and produce offspring that could destroy mankind. As her deadly biological clock ticks rapidly, Fitch and his team are hurled into a desperate battle in which the fate of humanity itself hangs in the balance!
Commemorative Edition Details:
– Official release date is scheduled for July 11th.
– This 2-Disc Set will branded as a “Collector’s Edition” that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed only for three months after its original release date).
– The newly-commissioned front-facing artwork you see pictured comes to us from The CRP Group (Firestarter, Serial Mom, Rabid) The reverse side of the wraps will showcase the original theatrical poster art.
– We will be doing a new 4K HD film transfer. Bonus features and specs are still in progress and will be announced sometime in Late May.